We are welcoming performers of all genders to audition for the title role of Pinocchio. All interested applicants must be able to act, sing, dance and convincingly play the role of a young child. We will also be considering applicants for other roles in the show, including our ensemble.
KEY SHOW DATES
Interested candidates must be able to commit to the following dates:
Rehearsals: 10 October – 13 November 2022
Tech & Dress Rehearsals: 10 – 17 November 2022
Show: 17 November – 23 December 2022 (No Shows: ALL Mondays)
Please note that this show schedule is accurate as of March 2022. Dates are subject to change.
All interested candidates should submit:
- The following video(s) –
- A one-minute monologue performed in the role of a child. (This can be improvised.)
- A one-minute song performed as a child. (No nursery rhymes, please.)
- A 30-second clip of yourself dancing to a hip-hop song.
- Performance résumé (in PDF format)
- Full body shot
Do state your height in metres for our reference.
Please e-mail your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email subject should read ‘Pinocchio Audition (Your Name)’. Applications must be submitted by 28 March 2022 (Monday), 7pm. Please do not call to apply.
Candidates will then be shortlisted for in-person auditions on the following days:
- 13 April 2022, Wednesday (11am to 4pm)
- 14 April 2022, Thursday (11am to 2pm)
If you have been shortlisted, Wild Rice will contact you by 6 April 2022 (Wednesday).
Callbacks will take place on 19 April 2022, Tuesday, from 11am to 4pm.