As a not-for-profit theatre company, Wild Rice relies heavily on the generosity of our Angels, who have helped us weather the many challenges posed by the pandemic, while continuing to entertain and inspire audiences of all ages and from all walks of life.
If you share our passion for brave and brilliant productions that tell uniquely Singaporean stories, if you believe in the power of theatre as a force for good and for change, please consider joining our community of Angels today!
WHY WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
Over the years, we have blazed a trail in creating and presenting the very best of Singapore theatre, while continuously striving to make our shows and our venue more inclusive and accessible for people of all ages and from all walks of life. Our comprehensive education programmes nurture and inspire young theatre-makers from the ages of 5 to 35. At the same time, we provide gainful employment to hundreds of artists and theatre professionals every year as one of the largest employers in Singapore’s arts industry.
To sustain a performing arts complex on this scale, we need your help.
While many people know of Wild Rice and the important work we do, not many know that we are also a registered charity. As we continue to weather the devastating aftershocks of the COVID-19 crisis, our ability to survive as an arts organisation depends critically upon the generosity of our donors and supporters.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
By coming on board as an Angel, you will be directly supporting the creative work and outreach efforts of Singapore’s leading theatre company. At the same time, your donation will support the livelihoods of hundreds of freelance theatre professionals – from performers and designers to technicians, educators and more.
Furthermore, you can maximise your impact today! Donations made from now until 31 January 2023 through our giving.sg campaign could be fully matched thanks to the Tote Board’s Enhanced Fundraising Programme.*
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
To show our appreciation, we offer a host of Angel benefits to bring you closer to the drama. These include complimentary tickets, priority booking, special events like backstage tours, and more. As Wild Rice is a registered charity, you will also enjoy 250% tax deduction on your donation.
You’ll get priority access and the best seats in the house to our thrilling 2023 season, highlights of which include Glen Goei’s bold take on J.B. Priestley’s classic, An Inspector Calls; the Asian premiere of The Butterfly Lovers (created in collaboration with the renowned Victorian Opera, directed by Ivan Heng and composed by Richard Mills with a libretto by Joel Tan); and the long-awaited return of a Wild Rice modern classic, HOTEL.
Do note that only donations made through our giving.sg campaign page will be eligible for matching.
Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help or have any questions.
We also welcome any donations in support of Wild Rice. Every contribution, large or small, will make a dramatic difference. All donations above $50 are eligible for 250% tax deduction.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Wild Rice’s 2022 Angel Donation Drive (‘Be An Angel This Holiday Season!) runs from 17 November 2022 to 31 January 2023.
- Only donations made through our giving.sg campaign will be eligible for matching. For other donation methods, please email us.
- All Angel benefits are valid for 12 months from the date of donation.
- Donations received before 31 December 2022 will receive tax deduction for FY2022. Donations received after 31 December 2022 will receive tax deduction for FY2023.
- Donations received from this drive will receive matched funding under the Tote Board Enhanced Fundraising Programme (EFR), according to these terms: (i) the Tote Board will match 40% of funds raised, capped at $100,000 per application; and (ii) the Government will top up the EFR to match 60% of funds raised, capped at $150,000 per charity applicant per financial year.
- Once we receive your Angel donation on giving.sg, a member of our team will get in touch to welcome you to our programme within 3 working days.